County, founded September 30, 1836, was formed from Washington
County, and is located in the northwest corner of Arkansas
on the Ozark plateau. It adjoins Oklahoma to the west and
Missouri to the north. The county seat is Bentonville, named in honor
of U.S Senator
Thomas Hart Benton of Missouri, who was instrumental in
helping the Arkansas Territory achieve statehood in 1836.
- Cyndi's List, Arkansas Resources
- Linkpendium Resources for Benton County, AR
- RootsWeb Resources for Benton County, AR
- FamilySearch Databases & Resources
- Search the DAR Library Catalog
- University of Arkansas Libraries/Special Collections
- Miscellaneous Genealogy Helpers
Visit our neighbors
Thank you for visiting with us. We hope we were able to help with your research. Please drop us a line with any suggestions, comments, or to report any problems with this site. Visit ARGenWeb Frequently Asked Questions for tips on how and where to continue researching your family tree.