KEDRON MATRON DIES OF BURNS
Mrs. Angie Ratliff, Who Fell in Fire Three Weeks Ago Succumbs
Burns which she received when she fainted and fell into a blazing fireplace, at her home at Kedron on January 29, last night at 9:55 o'clock caused the death of Mrs. Angie Ratliff, 48. Mrs. Ratliff, wife of W. F. Ratliff, got up during the night to stir up the fire and fainted, falling so the flames reached her body and ignited her night gown. Her moans aroused the other members of the family but before they could reach her, she was badly
She was a member of the First Baptist Church at Kedron and had resided in that community for a number of years. Surviving her other than her husband are three sons, Murry, Fonsy, and George, all of Kedron; six daughters, Mrs. Millie Studdard, Pine Bluff; Mrs. Eva Tucker, Broken Bow, Okla.; Mrs. Ola Mae Barnes, Mrs. Ruby Barnes, Misses Nellie, Lillian, and Florence Ratliff, of Kedron; her father, A. J. Dodd of Rison, one sister, one half-sister, and two half-brothers.
Funeral services were held this afternoon at 3:30 at Mt. Zion cemetery in charge of the Rev. A. A. Brown of Rison. Burial was in charge of Holderness-Thornhill Mortuary company.
Submitted by Mary L. Brown
Source: Pine Bluff Commercial, Monday 24 Feb 1936, page 1, column 1