Fuller, R. T.

Page 719
Judge R. T. FULLER, attorney, Princeton, Ark. This very prominent citizen of Dallas County, who is now located at Princeton, engaged in the practice of law, has followed this profession for forty years continuously and the history of his life is an important and honorable part of that of his State and country. He was born in Leesburg, N.C., about 1825, and graduated at Chapel Hill College, where he studied law. About 1850, he came to Arkansas located at Princeton, and there has since resided. After the war he was appointed judge of this judicial circuit by the governor of the State, and as an attorney he has been very successful. He married Miss Agnes B. SMITH, daughter of Dr. W. F. SMITH, who was for years well known in Arkansas as one of the first physicians. She was born in Lincoln County, Tenn., and is still living. To this union six children were born, all, with one exception, now living: J. W. ( a farmer near Princeton, engaged in farming), Robert C. (an attorney of this district, for two years States attorney, with no opponent for his second term), Alex J. (now in the livery business in Fordyce), Samuel G. (died when two years old), and Thomas F. Alexander J. was born on April 28, 1857, attended school at Princeton, and when he was eighteen years of age commenced for himself by farming, and at the same time was engaged in merchandising at Princeton, which he continued for four years. He then came to Fordyce, entered the employ of Acruman & Son as salesman, and was afterward in the employment of Edrington & Bunn. In July, 1889, he formed a partnership with J. A. RUSSELL, and engaged in the livery business. Recently he has carried on the business by himself. On August 31, 1888, he married Miss Mary CLARK, daughter of Neal A. CLARK, sheriff of Dallas County, and by this union became the father of one son Robert A. Mr. & Mrs. FULLER are members of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, and in his political views the former affiliates with the Democratic party. Socially he is a member of the K. of H. He served as deputy sheriff for eight years under Mr. CLARK.

This site is maintained and updated by Jamila (Sloan) Barahona, contact me