This office was established May 31, 1901, with Francis M. Patrick as postmaster. The mail came here from Little Rock through Cato, Olmstead and Otto. The first mail carrier out of Funston was Frank Jones, who was followed by Homer Davis and Henry Lavette. The office was closed Sept. 4, 1905.
In 1908 Will Witcher bought the store and moved it across the road and added an upper floor to the building. This upper story was occupied by Dr. George Harrod, who operated his drugstore there.
In 1908 a cotton gin was erected, as well as a grist mill. The last store burned in 1914, after which this community failed."