This was the area on which John Standlee settled. The roadway continues northward through a few rolling foothills. The highway right-of-way is thinly settled with Negro land holders whose modest homes line the single roadway.
Here also are the tracks of the Missouri Pacific Railroad (final successor of the old Little Rock-Fort Smith Railroad of 1871), which also generally parallels this highway . The new Interstate 40 route also cuts across the eastern edge of this area with its concrete finger-like reach between Little Rock and Conway.
The post office here was first called Danley and opened July 17, 1877, with Danley Chism as postmaster. The name of the post office was changed April 10, 1879, to Palarm. This office was closed Feb. 28, 1923.
A license for a saloon was issued Jan. 1, 1887, at Palarm, to B.F. Dufield.
Another post office in this area opened May 5, 1889, under the name of Bessie, with Lee B. Atkeison as postmaster. This office was closed May 14, 1904.