Greene County, Arkansas
History of New Liberty Baptist Church
The New Liberty Baptist Church was organized in 1907 at the home of J.S. Noel, with 27 members. But, there was an old log church across the road from the present church known as Old Liberty. This church was closed in 1888 and some of the members went to New Friendship. On May 4, 1907 the church was reorganized Bro. J.D.J. Faulkner of Union Grove acting as moderator and F.M. Haygood as clerk. Others present were: R.E. McGowen on Unity, G.W. Pullem, J.B. Walden and S.H. Weatherly, all of New Friendship. The building was destroyed by wind on September 2, 1936 and the new church building was rebuilt in January 1937. The new church building was dedicated on August 29, 1943. The church was in the Gainsville Association until 1925 when they were accepted by the Greene Co. Baptist Association.In 1978 a well was drilled, water piped to the church and 2 restrooms were added. "New Liberty Church is a Beacon Shining Faith to lead the lost to the Saving Grace of our Lord and Savior and is open to all that wants to come and Worship with us."
The link to the Minutes from Meetings list Brethren and wives that have come forward to become members it also tells which ones had died through out the year.
Records Kept by New Liberty Church
Minutes From Meetings
Return To Greene County Churches
Return To Greene County, Arkansas Index Page