Greene County, Arkansas
Pruetts Chapel United Methodist Church
Pruetts Chapel United Church one of the at least, 17 organizations of the Methodist Episcopal Church South located in Greene County Arkansas prior to the Civil War.
In 1858, a group of worshipers built a one room log structure with split rail seats on property donated by the Pruett family. Originally named Pleasant Grove, it was located in a grove of trees adjoining the cemetery, just north of what is now Finch road, in south Paragould. In 1879, Charles and Robert Pruett, along with their wives, donated an acre of their farm for a new church site. At that time, the church was moved to its present location on Pruetts Chapel Road. The name was changed to Pruetts Chapel in honor of the Pruetts.
Register Of Members Part One
Register of Members Part Two
Return To Greene County Churches
Return To Greene County, Arkansas Index Page