This cemetery was copied from: Saline County Cemeteries Section V by Mrs. W. Bernard Barber Chairman for Cataloging Cemeteries A Saline County Sesquicentennial Project Regent Provincia de La Sal Chapter National Society Daughters of the American Revolution 1974 - 1978 and 1894 - 1986
Cataloged by: Mrs. Bernard Barber, completed September 12, 1975. This cemetery's graves are marked with concrete numbered markers instead of names to secure the privacy of those buried there. All burials are recorded in the Cemetery Record Book of the Registrar Department, Benton Services Center. Anyone desiring information regarding persons buried there should contact the registrar, Benton Services Center.
The first burial in the cemetery took place April 29, 1968.
Directions: From Benton take Highway 67 South, left on Highway 229, behind State Hospital on right and next to the Mount Harmony Cemetery.
Historical Information: On April 24, 1967, the Arkansas State Health
Department approved the establishment of a cemetery at the Benton State Hospital
for the burial of unclaimed bodies of patients of the Arkansas State Hospitals
and of the University of Arkansas Medical School. The area has space for
1563 graves as of September 12, 1975 there has been 179 burials in the cemetery.