Dr. Cheves Bevill
Cheves BEVILL was born in Alabama in 1849 and married Nancy ROBERT(S) in 1872. The family came to Scott County about 1879. Dr. Bevill practiced medicine for many years in the Winfield community. Their children were:
(1) Dessie E. Bevill, born 3 Feb 1874 AL; md A.M. WADE in 1891. She died 5 Feb 1971 and is buried at the Old Bokoshe Cemetery in LeFlore Co., OK.
(2) Valpeau Bevill, born 24 May 1877 AL; md Lucy WALKER in 1896. In 1943 he was living at Cowlington, OK.
(3) Vander Bevill, born 17 May 1879 AR; md Emma ABBOTT 1898 & was widowed by 1900; md Viola WILSON in 1902. In 1927 he lived at Bates, Scott Co; 1943 he was in San Diego, CA.
(4) Xavier L. Bevill, born 10 Feb 1881 AR; he was on 1920 Scott Co. census with wife Virgie; 1927 lived Wasco, CA & 1943 was in San Diego, CA.
(5) Rutelia Bevill, born c1883 & died Oct. 1885, buried at Sehorn Cemetery.
(6) Duval Bevill, born 1886 AR; referred to as Dr. S.D. Bevill of Fort Smith in 1927; in 1943 he was living at Poteau, OK.
(7) Isadora Bevill, born 1888 AR; md Frank G. HARRISON 1906; 1927 & 1943 she was referred to as Dora (Mrs. Charles) LAHMAN of Kansas City, MO.
(8) Iva Bevill, born 1889 AR; md Ota SHARP 1905; md c1918 to James Winton Parnell of El Dorado & Murfreesboro, AR; md 1937 to James Vickery & lived in Brunswick, GA.
(9) Edythe Bevill, born 1892 AR; she md a SCOTT & was in Birmingham, AL 1927; 1943 was in Laredo, TX.
(10) Luna Bevill, born 1897 AR; md Albert G. GOODNER of Montgomery Co. 1916; in 1943 she was Mrs. Luna WHITE of Kansas City, MO.
The photo above belongs to a descendant Nancy Parnell who would like to locate a picture or further information of Dr. Bevill's wife, Nancy ROBERTS. She is said to have been the daughter of James & Mary Roberts who may have been in Jefferson, Walker or Shelby Co., AL.
Return to Scott County Ancestor Photos
Copyright 1999-2008 by Delaine Edwards and the submitter.
All rights reserved.