FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF WALDRON
The photo above was copied from an old newspaper clipping and is not of the best quality. This is the First Baptist Church of Waldron, built in 1917 and completed in 1924. It was later replaced by the current building. The First Baptist Church of Waldron first bore the name Shady Grove, but in September 1883 the name was changed to the Waldron Baptist Church. The first pastor was B.C. Owens, followed by E.L. Compere, L.F. Patterson, J.D. Rasberry, John H. Byers, J.W. Hulsey, J.W. Richardson, W.L. Compere, C.L. Barnes, F.M. Carter, W.M. Kelly, S.B. Burnett, G.M. Ford, W.L. Leach, Mack McCray, Karl McClendon, J.M. Burrows, A.F. Muncy, W.O. Miller, C.G. Davis, Vernon Yarbrough, Robert Jackson, W.V. Philliber, J.M. James and Truman Spurgin (1967.) Contributed by Delaine Edwards from a 1967 newspaper article.
Return to Scott
County Church Photos
Copyright Delaine Edwards, 2000-2014
All Rights Reserved