The Waldron Methodist Church was organized about 1869. Five acres of
land was donated in 1870 by A.C. Bernie of Fort Smith for a parsonage,
church and cemetery lots. The church pictured above was built in 1920
and is still in use today. Among the first members of the church were
the Harris, Caruthers, Mays, Smith, Bell, Malone, Cox, Forrester,
Bird and Fuller families. The early pastors were S.S. Key, James Cox
(1881), Nathan Fair, J.A. Anderson and J.C. Weaver. This photograph
belongs to Nancy Parnell.