Martin Geren Home - Ft. Smith, Ar.
Submitted by Melissa Woodall
The Martin Geren House is located on what is now South 14th street. It was built in 1886 by W.R. Martin, a lawyer in Judge Parker's court and director of the Chamber of Commerce. It was sold in 1906 to C.N.Geren, president of Fort Smith Grain and Produce, who remodeled it. The first pic is of it's original condition, and the second is of it's condition after the 1906 remodel(and how it still looks today). The third pic is an interior shot.