1895 Potato House|
Submitted by Richard Meador
This historic old building is located just north of Bear Hollow Road on Hwy 45 south of Bonanza, Ar. The old potato house was restored by Art Martin, who also was part of the Fort Smith Trolley restoration. The reconstruction included such work as replacement of the tin roof and putting the rocks back in place on the walls. It was originally built by W.A. Douglass.
Dr Martin's daughter stated that the walls are 3 feet thick, insulating it from the heat & cold. There is a loft inside of the building that was used for additional storage.