Submitted by Deborah Brown Musgrove|
Source: History of Mansfield School District, Oral history from Theodore McKown,1994.
Frazier School District came into existence prior to 1876. Oral history depicts the school building to have been a framed two-story structure. Located about two and one half miles west and northwest of the city of Mansfield, the school contained grades first to eighth grades. The entire school employed only two teachers.
One of the reasons for the school district appeared to be due in fact to the Central Coal Company and, when the mining stopped, the enrollement declined. This decrease caused the school to consolidate with Mansfield and another school district. The final, "nail in the coffin," came on October 4, 1929, when the Sebastian County Board of Education, by the majority of petitioners of that area, granted the closure and consolidation.
Some of the students that attended this school were: Loyd, Edith and Retha Miller, Bessie and Earl Mason, Audrey and Jesse Flanner, William Johnson, Crystal Flanner, Viola and Jasper Defore, Howard Brouton, Charley Lovely, Walter, Fran, Louise, and Beulah Schramm, Aletha and Reba Evans, Johnny and Roy Land, and Walter and Julia M. McKown.