William F. Morrow
Taken from Biographical and Historical Memoirs of Western Arkansas
Dr. William F. Morrow, one of the rising physicians of Conway County, resides at Solgohachie. He was born in Van Buren County, this State, December 26, 1854. His parents were George W. and Sarah (Jones) Morrow, who were both natives of Tennessee. In this family there were eight other children besides our subject and of these, four are living at the present time. William F. Morrow was a farmer by occupation, and at a very early day emigrated to Arkansas, and settled in Van Buren County, where he resided until his death. During his lifetime he was a man who lent ready assistance to all measures which promised to improve the community of his home. He was a Royal Arch Mason, and both he and his worthy wife were members of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South. He departed this life in 1861, and was followed by his wife to her eternal home in 1864. Our subject, thus early in life thrown on his own resources, secured most of his literary education at Springfield, Conway County. He studied medicine at Little Rock, and in May, 1889, commenced the practice of his profession at Solgohachie. He was married on December 10, 1876, to Miss Olivia Carroll, who also claims Arkansas as her native State. To this union have been born five children: Georgie A., Arby M., Orber F. (deceased), Willie A., and one who died in infancy. In connection with the practice of his profession, our subject is an extensive farmer, owning over 300 acres of good land, with 100 acres under cultivation. He is also an active, enterprising citizen, and is always identified with those enterprises which promise to promote the county's good. He and his excellent wife are both members of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South.