This cemetery is located at Range 10 West, Township 7 North and in Section 5 or 6. This property was the Dupriest Farm, which was owned by Paul Dupriest, when Margaret Frey prepared the first cemetery census in 1969. According to her report, "Both white and Negro are buried here without distinction as to race. There are a number of unmarked graves but a count was not made."
The cemetery was visited in April 2000 by White County Historical Society volunteer Kathy Moss, who reported, "The landowners have left an open access to the cemetery, which is in poor condition." Mrs. Moss talked to the landowner, who said he had been in contact with the Malcom family. She provided information on eight Malcom burials and five others, most of which were not in the 1969 report. (Malcom was spelled Malcome in the 1969 listing.)
Leroy Blair of the Historical Society reported the cemetery "in very poor condition" when he visited it March 6, 2001, with his wife Ellen. According to his report, "Mrs. Ennis, who owns the land around the cemetery, said a man over 100 years old visited the cemetery in the summer of 2000 and told her the cemetery was first started as a slave cemetery and that most of the graves marked with rocks or unmarked are those of slaves. He also told her that one night during the Civil War a soldier was brought to the cemetery and buried and his grave was marked with a large rock. I found a large rock with some letters on it but could not read much of it - looked like R O C. He did not say if the soldier was Confederate or Union."
Following are Blairís directions to reach the cemetery: "From Highway 5, take Manning Road 1.6 miles to Nix Road and turn right on Nix Road. Go half a mile on Nix to Meadow Lane and turn left. Go about 200 yards to a T intersection. Turn left and go another 200 yards to the first right. The cemetery is on the right by the first house after you turn right."
If you have corrections or additions to this list, or have additional information on Dupriest Cemetery, please contact the White County Historical Society, P.O. Box 537, Searcy, AR 72145.
|Adkisson, Henry D.||June 18, 1860||April 1864|
|Clements, Martha||no information|
|Dupriest, Larrar Lisabeth||May 17, 1859||Sarah Dupriestís daughter died in infancy|
|Dupriest, M.E.||1860||Sarah Dupriestís daughter died in infancy|
|Dupriest, R.||no information|
|Dupriest, Sarah Malcom||died 1864|
|Malcom, Barnett||September 23, 1805||January 31, 1859||rock covered grave on double stone with Nancy Malcom|
|Malcom, Charley E.||March 15, 1891||3-Aug-11||grave with a row of rocks around it.|
|Malcom, James William Burl||March 14, 1895||died fall of 1900||unmarked grave|
|Malcom, Mary F.||July 15, 1858||10-Jan-03||on double stone with Noel Malcom|
|Malcom, Nancy||March 1, 1805||October 10, 1880||buried beside Barnett Malcome|
|Malcom, Nancy A.,||June 16, 1883||September 9, 1893||daughter of Noel and M.F. Malcom|
|Malcom, Noel||March 13, 1847||12-Jan-25|
|Malcom, Sarah Ellen||1897||1900||unmarked grave|
|Morris, James||April 1, 1866||May 9, 1897|
|Nelson, Eleck||August 2, 1864||September 1885|