--photo by Leroy Blair, 2001
This cemetery listing was first prepared by Joe Hammond of Kensett in February 1976. It is located on land which originally was the Lessenberry Farm but at the time of the survey was owned by Irvin Wright of Kensett. Hammond reported seeing one unmarked grave.
The cemetery was visited February 19, 2001, by Leroy Blair of the White County Historical Society, who reported it to be "in very poor condition, very overgrown, with signs of vandalism." He provided the following directions to reach it: "From Kensett, take Pete Hall Road south about one mile to a blue/gray house on the right of the road. The cemetery is behind this house in a pine grove about 200 yards from the house. Beware of the dog at this house."
Blair noted assorted problems with tombstones. He said he did not find the unmarked grave that was mentioned in the 1976 report. "A Mrs. McDonald who lives near Griffithville and knows a little about this cemetery" told Blair that the unmarked grave is possibly that of Sarah Lessenberry. She did not know any dates.
If you have corrections or additions to this list, contact the White County Historical Society, P.O. Box 537, Searcy, AR 72145.
|Cowan, Mary F.||August 20, 1843||April 12, 1873||wife of James A. Cowan stone has separated from the base and was buried in the ground|
|EVM||no other information footstone found by Leroy Blair in 2001 has these three initials|
|Lessenberry, Emily||February 20, 1814||June 9, 1871||wife of J.A. = stone has separated from the base and was buried in the ground|
|Lessenberry, J.A.||July 5, 1814||July 15, 1880||stone has fallen over|
|McNeill, Amanda H.||1851||1914||on double stone with James E. McNeill|
|McNeill, Emaey Z.||1870||1872||Blair unable to find this stone in 2001|
|McNeill, James E.||February 12, 1875||September 21, 1876|
|McNeill, John Thomas||1841||1919|
|Williams, Ann W.||died July 4, 1895||wife of C.K. Williams 57 years, 4 mos., 8 days|
|Williams, Annie||November 1, 1877||July 24, 1879||daughter of Ann W. and C.K. Williams|
|Williams, Deener||July 28, 1868||September 10, 1872||son of Ann W. and C.K. Williams – stone is broken|