A spring one-half mile north of Floyd was known as Barnett Spring since James C. Barnett settled there before the Civil War on the old Southwest Trail. It was used by travelers as a campsite because of the good spring of water. During the war soldiers of both armies used it and were seen to pass by nearly every day. Indians going to and from Oklahoma and also gypsies camped here. The last known Indians were a group who traded horses between the years 1918 and 1920. About 40 men. women and children with some 100 head of horses, wagons, tents, etc. spent some time here during the deepest snow of many years. Floyd Bradberry, Oscar Akin, Elbert Barnett, Hershel Thompson, Elmer Stracener, Raymond Patton, Fabern Thomas and Milton Walker, all schoolboys at the time, went to the camp on numerous occasions to visit with the Indians. A.C. Webb, who was teaching school at Floyd, and Burl Benton were also among the number who were attracted to the Indian camp. It is also recalled that Grover Choate and Floyd Bradberry traded for a horse and kept it for a number of years after the Indians had gone on their way. The spring is out in a field now and is used only for watering stock. A short distance west is a four-grave cemetery in a grove of white oak trees. There are no tombstones but it is known that Lewis Moore, Susan Carlton Moore, their small son and another child are buried there.