--Photo courtesy Barth Grayson, White County Historical Society

This steamboat was one of the largest and nicest of those that traveled the Little Red River during the wetter months during the late 1800s and early 1900s, when the river level was high. Named "Ozark," it is shown here in 1890 unloading supplies at Calico Rock on the White River, which it traveled year-round. Note the nicely dressed businessmen checking their wares.