--Photo courtesy of Shirley Hughes
This is the original log house that was built on the homestead of William S. Jowers, great great grandfather of Shirley Hughes, who provided the photo. The homestead was where Big Creek runs into the Little Red River, east of Oak Grove (Albion). Jowers Spring and Jowers Hill were located on this property. William Jowers came to White County in 1871 from Mississippi and homesteaded shortly after that.