First Methodist Church Sanctuary, Searcy, c1900. The sanctuary is decorated for a wedding. Note the intertwined hearts and the two doves. A close examination of the decoration above the central arch discloses the letters D and M. One can only imagine their significance. There is an electric chandelier at the top center (just below the highest art-glass circle). The picture was made subsequent to 1905 because that is the year in which the first electric plant was installed in Searcy.
Photo courtesy Ivan Quattlebaum,White County Historical Society, and caption by Oran J. Vaughan,WCHS.