Postcard of the Mayfair Hotel in the late 1930's

The Mayfair Hotel standing on the northwest corner of Spring and Center streets in downtown Searcy was regionally renown when this postcard was printed in the late 1930s. The hotel was built in 1924 on the site of an earlier frame hotel, the Gill House, and became a focal point of the community for many years. This postcard, which was never used, is owned by Betty J. Bennett of Letona, a member of the White County Historical Society.