ABOUT McCRORY, ARKANSAS
This material is taken in part from articles in Rivers and Roads and Points in Between, a publication of the Woodruff County Historical Society, in particular a talk published in Fall 72 quoting Dallas T. Herndon, and one published in Fall 74 by James Logan Morgan.
McCrory was named for Cyrus G. McCrory, father of the late G.G. and J.C. McCrory. Cyrus G. McCrory had bought 400 acres of land where McCrory now is and had moved his family here during the early 1860s. McCrory sprang up after the Missouri Pacific Railroad came through in 1886.
McCrory is referred to a "the heart of Woodruff County." According to Wikipedia.com, the population was 1,850 at the 2000 census. For current information on the city of McCrory, go to the McCrory web site at www.cityofmccrory.com