Pine Bluff

Pine Bluff was first settled by an european in 1819 by Joseph Boone and his wife Mary. Before that time, the area was home to the indigous Indian population. The area Joseph and his wife settled was the first bluff five miles upstream of the Boone Resveration, overlooking the Arkansas River. At the time, the area was covered in Pine Trees and afforded some protection against flooding. The settlement was officially named “The Town of Pine Bluff” by the county court on 16 October 1832.

The Post Office was created in 1828; and the date it was discontinued is unavailable. 

© Jamila Sloan Barahona 2015