Lake Dick

The Lake Dick Post Office was created in 1900; and discontinued in 1945. Lake Dick is an unicorporated area located four miles south of Altheimer, and northeast of Pine Bluff.

The community was created on the shores of Lake Dick in 1936, as a New Deal program that supported farming projects. Most of the structures was built by the Resettlement Administration and some 80 families from throughout Arkansas was relocated to the area. Lake Dick was created as a cooperative farming project and the families jointly participated in the production of crops on the community farmland; based upon predetermine schedules.

The community of Lake Dick was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 and over one-third of the original structures are still in place today. 

Typical house structure


© Jamila Sloan Barahona 2015