Marion Co TOC

Homepage
What's New?
Awards
Cemeteries
Census Records
Courthouse Info
Marion Co email list
Family Genealogies
Marion Geo Society
Geo Soc's Newsletters
History of Marion Co
Look-Ups
Maps
Marion Co Timeline
Marriages
Mt Meadow Massacre
Myths, Legends & Stories
Newspapers
Obits
Photo Gallery
Planning a Trip to Yellville
Post Office History
Queries
Resources for Marion Co
Reunions
Transcribed Records
Helpful Links
Contact -
Linda

Graphics by Rhio

THE HISTORY OF MARION CO AR
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
County Church
The Pentecostal Church of God
By: Frankie Garrigus Hampton
Pages: 512-513

Dividing Line

History BookRESPECT THE COPYRIGHT: This book is still under copyright of the Marion County Historical Association and may not be used for any purpose other than your own personal research. It may not be reproduced nor placed on any web page nor used by anyone or any entity for any type of "for profit" endeveor.

Dividing Line

       (Page 512) In 1935, in a brush arbor meeting held by Reverend Freman Garrigus, the church at Summit began. A small building was erected and services were held there until 1950 when a larger building was erected. Reverend Elmer Redding, now District Superintendent, was the pastor. This building was badly damaged by a tornado in 1961 but was repaired and used until 1970 when a new building was built. The people of Summit are working toward making this a church in which they can worship and train others for the service of their Lord. The pastor is Rue Porter.
       (Page 513) Some of the charter members were Clarence Arnet, Mr. and Mrs. Jim Toliver, Mathias and Leatha Garrigus.

Dividing Line

Previous          Next

Top of Page
Return to The History Of Marion Co Index Page
Return to Marion Co Home Page

Linda Haas Davenport